McMaster University Faculty & Staff
What We Can Do For You
- Send adoption reminder e-mails
- Ensure that your academic materials are in-stock and accurate for all of your courses
- Liaise with publishers on your behalf regarding editions, pricing and peripheral materials
- Help you create customized course materials through liaison with publishing representatives, access copyright and the print center
- Profile our McMaster authors
- Save you money with your departmental account - The Campus Store pays the HST on internal sales when you pay using your departmental account.
- Supply custom crested products for conferences and departments.
What You Could Do For Us
- Adopt early - the mission of the Campus Store is to provide required course materials at the lowest prices possible. To that end, we encourage Faculty to adopt their books as early as possible and to consider low cost alternatives. Log on to the Course Materials Adoption System now!
If you are a faculty member and do not already have a login, please contact your department coordinator or email the Campus Store Course Materials Team to be sent your login information or schedule a personal walk through.
- Re-adopt the previous edition. This allows the Campus Store to buy back textbooks from the students who have just completed the course at up to 50% and re-sell to incoming students at a reduced used price.
- Support the use of your chosen course materials to your students. By stressing the importance of purchasing your course materials and utilizing them as much as possible throughout the course, sell-through of these materials will increase which minimizes the amount of stock returns to the publishers and saves the university valuable dollars.
What We Can Do Together For Students
The most important issues for students regarding their course materials are cost and value. By working together, we can ensure price choices through used books, buybacks, custom coursepacks, textbook rental, and digital alternatives. Supporting course materials throughout the duration of the course will assign a sense of value to those materials.
Textbook Adoption General FAQ
Frequently asked questions about adopting textbooks and electronic course materials and McMaster's new Online Adoption System.
Courseware Adoption FAQ
Frequently asked questions about the preparation of Custom Coursepacks.
How to Use the Adoption System FAQ
Frequently asked questions about the McMaster University Course Materials Adoption System.
Copyright guidelines for the adoption and production of Custom Coursepacks.
Contact information for the major publishers to aid faculty in the choosing of new textbooks and ordering desk copies.
Contact the Course Materials Team
|Rick Beith||Course Materials Buyer||ext. 22628|
|Linda Colarusso||Custom Publishing Copyright Coordinator||ext. 22621|
|Carrie Harfman||Course Materials Manager||ext. 22627|
|Monica Palkowski||Custom Publishing Specialist||ext. 27336|
|Owen Recoskie||Course Materials Buyer||ext. 22179|
|Sherri Turkstra-Blok||Course Materials Buyer||ext. 27366|
The Campus Store proudly supports McMaster University Faculty Authors. If you are a campus author who has a newly published a book, have an upcoming "Author Event" or would like to hold an event, then tell us about it.
Promotional Items for Conferences and Events
Keep it on Campus. The Campus Store has a large range of McMaster logoed and custom imprinted giftware, business gifts, clothing and accessories for department conferences and events.